This DVD Series Is For:
- Substance use disorder treatment providers;
- Alcohol and drug program administrators; and
- Government officials.
About This DVD Series:
“Understanding the Federal Drug & Alcohol Confidentiality Regulations,” a 3-part DVD training series, provides an overview of the federal law and regulations governing the confidentiality of alcohol and drug treatment records, which is known as 42 C.F.R. Part 2. With the DVD training series you will learn about:
- Requirements of the law, and some common mistakes made by program staff;
- Nine ways the law permits disclosures, including consents, court orders, and medical emergencies; and
- How to deal with criminal justice issues such as search warrants, and how to handle patient information requests from managed care companies.
You can purchase the full set of three DVDs, or you can purchase DVDs individually. When you purchase the DVDs you will also receive a workbook, which includes a review of each training, sample forms, and a self-test.
The series also comes with a “HIPAA Update,” which reflects the state of the law under HIPAA and an outline summarizing the intersection between HIPAA and the alcohol and drug confidentiality regulations.
If you purchased our DVD Series before May 2014, you can download the updated workbook, which includes the “2014 Update: HIPAA, HITECH, and SAMHSA FAQs.”