A combination of factors, including laws, stigma, and fear of liability, make it challenging for individuals with criminal records to find employment.
This 2-hour webinar explains how New Yorkers with criminal records can improve their chances of finding employment despite the barriers having a criminal record might pose.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the laws that prohibit employment discrimination based on a criminal record
- Describe how employers obtain criminal record information;
- Identify cities with ban-the-box laws;
- Describe how to get and correct errors on rap sheets (criminal history information);
- Describe basic facts about Certificates of Relief from Disabilities and Good Conduct;
- Advise clients on how to address a criminal record when filling out job applications;
- Identify useful resources to help clients overcome criminal record-related job discrimination
Audience: Health and social service providers working with HIV-positive individuals who have criminal records – especially those seeking employment.
Location: Webinar – Online training, for more information please, click here to register.
Important Registration Information:
For additional information or questions, please contact: Vanessa Severino, [email protected]