About This Webinar:
Know Your Rights: New Federal “Parity” Legislation for Insurance Coverage of Addiction Treatment (Slides / Video) provides an overview of the Paul Wellstone & Pete Domenici Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008, which requires most health insurers that offer insurance coverage for substance use disorder and mental health services to offer it equally with coverage for other medical and surgical benefits. Specifically, the webinar will help you:
- Understand the provisions of and protections provided by the new federal parity law;
- Learn about possible next steps for implementation of the law; and
- Inform others about the protections provided by the federal parity law.
This Webinar Is For:
- People with or in recovery from substance use disorders;
- Family members and allies of people with substance use disorders;
- Addiction treatment and prevention professionals;
- Employers, health care providers, government officials, and others who want to comply with the new parity law; and
- Anyone else interested in the topic.