About This Webinar:
Know Your Rights: Employment Discrimination Against People with Alcohol/Drug Histories [Slides/ Video] explains federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination against people with disabilities, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, and how these laws protect people with substance use disorders. The webinar will help you to:
- Understand the right to be free from employment discrimination under federal anti-discrimination laws;
- Understand how to exercise those rights; and
- Know how to help others understand and exercise those rights.
This Webinar Is For:
- People in treatment or recovery from alcohol or drug disorders;
- Anyone supporting the rights of people with substance use disorders;
- Employers or others who want to comply with anti-discrimination laws; and
- Anyone else interested in the topic.
- Know Your Rights: Are You In Recovery from Alcohol or Drug Problems? This brochure describes federal laws prohibiting employment, housing, and other discrimination against people with substance use disorders. It also explains what to do if your rights have been violated.
- Questions & Answers from Webinar: “Know Your Rights: Employment Discrimination Against People with Alcohol/Drug Histories”: Summary of questions asked during the webinar, and answers provided by LAC attorneys.