Available for instant download for only $109. Click here to buy!
A newly updated and abridged version of the Legal Action Center’s Book, Confidentiality & Communication, is now available as an eBook. It covers all the essentials for understanding confidentiality, including answers to questions like:
- When do 42 CFR Part 2 and HIPAA apply?
- How did the 2017 amendments change the requirements for consent forms, patient privacy notices and the notice of prohibition on re-disclosure?
- How to make disclosures for medical emergencies, audits, or research?
- How can a program report a crime on program premises?
- What should a program do if it receives a subpoena, search warrant, or arrest warrant?
- What privacy rights do patients have?
- How are the laws enforced and what are the security requirements?
- What are best practices for common confidentiality issues?
Confidentiality & Communication is an indispensable guide to substance use disorder (SUD) privacy for new members of the SUD treatment field and stakeholders who work with individuals receiving SUD treatment, as well as seasoned confidentiality experts with questions about the 2017 and 2018 amendments to 42 CFR Part 2.
The 2020 edition also explains the newest proposal by SAMHSA to amend the confidentiality regulations again, and flags areas where the regulations are subject to change in the future. If the regulations change in 2020, LAC will publish a new edition with fully updated information and offer a discount to customers who purchased the current edition. To see a full list of the topics covered in the abridged and updated 2020 edition of Confidentiality & Communication, visit the online Table of Contents.
The 2020 edition of Confidentiality & Communication is available as an e-book only.
NEED HELP WITH DOWNLOADING THE BOOK?
*** Questions relating to issues purchasing or downloading the book can be sent to [email protected]
*** Questions regarding the content of the Confidentiality & Communication can be sent to [email protected]
1. On what devices can I read the book?
The book is available for download on computers (Mac and PC), smartphones (Android and iPhone), and tablets/e-readers like Kindle. Please scroll up to find guides on how to view the eBook on each device.
2. Who do I contact if I have a question regarding the content of the book?
Please send an e-mail to [email protected]
3. I am having trouble purchasing the book – my credit card/PayPal account isn’t working. Can you help?
Yes, please send an email to Gumroad’s customer support at [email protected] and they can assist you.
4. I am unable to download the book on my computer/phone/tablet/Kindle. What do I do?
First, please make sure that you carefully follow the instructions in our how-to guide linked above. If you are still unable to download the book onto your device, please send an email to [email protected].
5. Do you offer refunds?
Unfortunately we are not able to offer refunds at this time. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact [email protected].
6. Can I buy a physical copy of the book?
At this time, we are only offering the book electronically, as an eBook.
7. How can I send the eBook to a friend or colleague?
The book cannot be e-mailed to others. If a friend or colleague would like to use the book, they must purchase their own separate copy.
8. How can I print the book?
The book was only designed for the eBook format, and therefore you cannot print the entire book. We recommend that you print only certain sections that you need for reference by copying and pasting them in a Word document.
9. What happens if the regulations change in 2020? Will you issue a new eBook?
The 2020 edition explains the newest proposal by SAMHSA to amend the confidentiality regulations again, and flags areas where the regulations are subject to change in the future. If the regulations change in 2020, LAC will publish a new edition with fully updated information and offer a discount to customers who purchased the current edition.
10. Can I purchase a copy of the book via check or purchase order?
At this time, the book can only be purchased online with a credit card.