Contact your Senators and Representatives Today!
You can find contact information for your members of Congress here.
Join the National Call-In Day on Wednesday, April 29 by calling your Senators and Representative in Congress and asking them to co-sponsor and support the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act.
Sample Talking Points
I support the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act because:
- Opioid misuse and addiction are on the rise, and there is an epidemic of overdoses that is costing 100 American lives a day.
- The United States needs a comprehensive strategy to combat heroin addiction and other substance use disorders.
- The Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act would expand access to medication-assisted treatment and other services that are scientifically proven to reduce drug misuse and criminal justice involvement.
- Even with more treatment, heroin overdoses will continue to occur. CARA will provide resources to expand the use of Naloxone, a medication that can reverse overdoses before they become fatal.
- CARA would also reduce reliance on expensive and counter-productive incarceration for drug problems that could be better addressed through treatment and supervision.
I hope you will co-sponsor and actively support passage of the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act.
Join the National Call-In Day to support the Comprehensive #Addiction and Recovery Act (#CARA). http://ow.ly/Mhz9k