This 2-hour webinar explains teenagers’ rights to access confidential healthcare in New York State, and the roles of parents, legal guardians, and the foster care system. The training focuses on common questions that arise in youth HIV testing, prevention, and treatment, and also covers substance use disorder treatment, mental healthcare, and sexual and reproductive healthcare for minors.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to describe when minors can make their own healthcare decisions, particularly when it comes to:
- HIV prevention, testing, and treatment, including PrEP
- Substance use disorder care
- Mental healthcare
- Reproductive and sexual healthcare
Participants will also be able to describe minors’ health privacy rights, including:
- When parents are involved in the minors’ healthcare decisions or payment
- When foster care, school, public health, child abuse and neglect investigations, or juvenile/criminal justice systems are involved
Audience: All health and human services providers who work with youth at risk or living with HIV.
Location: NYS, online training, please, click here to register.
Important Registration Information:
For additional information or questions, please contact: Alisha Scott, [email protected]