This 3-hour in-person training explains how New Yorkers with criminal records may be able to seal or correct criminal record information and gather evidence of rehabilitation, including applying for certificates of rehabilitation, to help overcome criminal record barriers.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Recall what criminal record information may be legally reported for different purposes;
- Identify common criminal record errors and how to fix them;
- Understand what records can be sealed and how to apply to seal them;
- Describe certificates of rehabilitation and how to apply;
- State how to gather evidence of rehabilitation to help overcome a criminal record in employment, housing, or other applications.
Audience: Health and social service providers working with HIV-positive individuals who have criminal records – especially those seeking employment.
Location: New York, NY – This is a face to face training, for more information please, click here to register.