Trainings and Technical Assistance
Past Training Materials
Legal Action Center provides education, training and technical assistance to thousands of programs, policymakers, and other organizations nationwide on topics related to addiction, HIV/AIDS, and criminal justice. Click on the links below for the Center’s training materials:
The Legal Action Center welcomes others to use its training materials, provided the Center receives appropriate attribution and no profits are earned from their use.
The Legal Action Center (LAC) offers trainings, upon request, to health and social service agencies in New York on a number of topics, including:
- Overcoming Employment & Housing Barriers for People with Criminal Records
- Employment Rights for People with HIV, Viral Hepatitis, and Substance Use Disorders
- Client Advocacy: What to do When Your Client's HIV Confidentiality or Testing Rights Have Been Violated?
- How to Create and Update Your Agency's HIV Confidentiality Policies & Procedures and Ensure Staff Compliance
- Legal Rights and Risks of Adolescents in the Age of AIDS
- Legal Issues for an Aging HIV-Positive Population
- Significant HIV confidentiality issues in your agency
- Anti-Discrimination Laws Protecting Individuals with HIV/AIDS, Alcohol/Drug Problems and Criminal Records
Contact Vanessa Severino for more information or to request a training for your organization.
As part of a partnership with the AIDS Institute, the Legal Action Center is working with Empire Justice Center (EJC). EJC is a non-profit law firm that provides legal assistance to those in need and undertakes impact litigation to protect and defend the rights of disenfranchised New Yorkers. For more information and to see a list of EJC's trainings, please visit the Empire Justice Center's website.
To register for a training, use the AIDS Institute's Online Registration System, which:
- is easy to use
- provides one-stop shopping - register for trainings offered by any AIDS Institute funded training center
- keeps track of all the trainings you have attended
- allows you to print out your own course completion documentation
- has an easy-to-remember URL: www.hivtrainingny.org
The first time you register for a training, you will be required to set up a user account and password. Once you register for training, you will receive email confirmation from HIV Trainings.
National Training and Technical Assistance (TA), New York State Training and Technical Assistance (TA)