- The Coalition for Whole Health, co-chaired by LAC, has just released its Recommendations on Coverage of Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services in the Essential Health Benefit Package. This paper details the mental health and substance use disorder benefits that the Coalition believes must be included by the Essential Health Benefits package covered by “new” small employer and individual plans, qualified health plans operating in state Exchanges, and Medicaid expansion plans. Over 150 national, state, and local organizations have endorsed the Coalition’s Essential Health Benefits recommendations. To sign on to the Coalition’s recommendations, please email Sherie Boyd.
- In related news, Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly published a note in its Sept. 5 issue on the coalition's recommendations. Stay tuned for an interview with LAC advocates in the next issue!
- The National H.I.R.E. Network’s has announced its 6th Annual NYS Reentry Policy Conference, happening Monday, Sept. 26 in New York City. The conference, titled, "Meeting Employer and Job Seeker Needs: Criminal Record Policies that Work," will address:
Follow this link to register for the conference. (The event is free and open to the public, but requires registration.)
- Enforcement of Anti-Discrimination Laws and Policies
- Overcoming the Challenge of Good Moral Character Standards and the Threat of Negligent Hiring
- How to Change Minds, Attitudes and Policies Concerning Criminal Records