- The Drop the Rock Coalition is holding a meeting Nov. 3 in Manhattan, with a focus on parole and the aging prison population. Follow this link to learn more.
- The 35th national conference of the Association for Medical Education and Research in Substance Abuse (AMERSA) will be held Nov. 3-5 in Arlington, Va. Use this link for for more information.
- The National Action Network's Second Chance Committee is hosting "A Forum On Re-entry: Where Are We and Where Should We Be?" on Nov. 9 in Manhattan. Follow this link to read more on the event, which features advocates from many of our partner organizations.
- Coming up on Nov. 10 is a New York State Assembly hearing on the merger of the Department of Correctional Services (DOCS) and the Division of Parole into the Department of Corrections and Community Supervision (DOCCS). Follow this link for more information.
- The Oct. 27 issue of Behavioral Healthcare features an article by Ron Manderscheid, executive director of National Association of County Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability Directors (NACBHDDD) and co-chair of the Coalition for Whole Health, which LAC also co-chairs. The article, "The Essential Health Benefit: Will Essential Become Minimal?"asserts that the recently released Institute of Medicine recommendations on the Essential Benefits Package fail to consider the long-term value of substance use disorder and mental health benefits.